Thursday, January 23, 2014

Reworking the roots!

Another reworking. I love this series, it was one of my first. My mother loved it so much, after she died I discovered all 3 paintings in her house. Mom, what a funny sneak, she had swiped them, years before and kept them hidden when we visited.
This rooted solo exhibit defined the of struggle I felt trying to have a gallery show. The consistent denials, criticisms from family & others reinforced my rebellious nature to stay rooted.

Exposition Solo deux

16x20 oil & acrylic on canvas | Framed | 
This series has been on exhibit in multiple galleries throughout the East Coast of the US. Visit the Gallery page for more information.

Visit my website to view the original, still listed on my website, for a short time, here;
http://www.abstractalexandra.com/abstract-paintings-prints-artwork.cfm?id=230

No comments:

Post a Comment