Friday, April 25, 2014

demonstrating abstract techniques

On April 10 I demonstrated abstract techniques in a Fine Arts day at Aynor Elementary in Aynor, SC.

After checking in I was greeted by a knowledgeable student who led me to my demonstration room. I wa the only painter but they had several bands performing; jazz, funk fusion, and reggae. The music was inspiring.

_______

Repeat after me, Abstract Art can be anything you want it to be. If your neighbor says it's a shoe and you think it is a duck is your neighbor wrong? No. Everyone has a unique perspective regarding art. And abstract art can be anything one wants it to be, which is wonderful.

_______

In order to fully instruct abstract art I prefer to explain the process while painting.

                  

When working with students, of any age, I encourage them to participate in the process of creating a work of art.








                         



Beginning with minimalism, working through texture, incorporating blending, rubout, using various tools from canvas, paint to brushes and how to make a pointer finger into a painter finger. 

______

Using a fresh canvas for each class helped demonstrate the art of minimalism.

_______

                    


 Briefly discussing subject matter and finishing up with the Warhol method. 



Class sizes ranged 100-125 students. All excited and with wonderful and insightful questions.
 _____


Look for more demonstrations, classes and more updated on my websites http://www.abstractalexandra.com and FB https://www.facebook.com/AbstractAlexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment